CNC Mill Supervisor
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Type: Full-Time, Temp to Hire
Full-time CNC Mill Supervisor needed in Sunnyvale to organize and prioritize tasks using the schedule to maximize production of products with low scrap rate. Utilize production team in the most efficient manner by allocating the correct jobs to the employee’s capabilities. This is a Temp to Hire opportunity. Mon. - Fri, 6:30am - 4:00pm.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinate all activities in the lathe department to reach maximum efficiency.
- Utilize JobBoss software to fullest potential.
- Monitor and measure employee performance using JobBoss efficiency report or other means.
- Interpret customer drawings and traveler instructions to allocate jobs to appropriate personnel.
- Coordinate activities with other supervisors.
- Enforce company policies and safety requirements.
- Verify that all employees have the essential equipment needed to check their work at their machine.
- Verify that employees are checking their work, using a correct methodology.
- Train or retrain employees as required.
- Program/edit job programs as required.
- Set-up or run machines if a job needs to be completed and manpower is limited.
- Coordinate raw material “readiness” prior to manufacturing. Review travelers for pre-production instructions.
- Develop new methods of improving production times while maintaining quality. Suggest any changes to working conditions or equipment that would increase efficiency.
- Participate in production and hot list meetings
- Over 10 years of experience in the machining industry.
- Minimum 6 years CNC Mill programming experience.
- Able to set-up and variety of CNC Mills.
- Competent at close tolerance inspection techniques.
- Able to interpret customer drawings and create parts with extremely tight tolerance.
- Very strong documentation skills.
- Be able to lift and carry objects up to 30 pounds.
- Experience managing at least 8 people in a department.
- Extensive knowledge of inspection tools and gauges.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good computer skills such as word processor and excel spread sheets
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent.
Certified Employment Group is one of Northern California's largest, privately owned staffing firms. Serving Northern California since 1963, Certified has spent over 50 years building a solid reputation for providing reliable, skilled staff to a wide range of industries. Certified specializes in temporary, temp to hire, and direct placements. For up to date job openings, follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn or visit our website at www.certifiedemployment.com.
To apply for this position, please click apply or submit your resume to email@example.com and put CNC Mill Supervisor 02175 on the subject line.